Invocation of regeneration.

kluviM

Invocation of regeneration.

Post by kluviM » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi Admin. I guess, that Your name is Dareen.
Do You plan some research how to invocate manual DPF regeneration ?
Carista CAN do that. At least it claims to do it.
So therefore there must be a way how to do it.
We all probably know situation that you are travelling 200km and at end of journey you know that DPF is at 92% and you can do nothing with it,. And next day you will drive only short tracks.
If You can start it manually or at least temporary lower auto regen threshold, it would be beneficial.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Invocation of regeneration.

Post by admin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:29 am

Many users asked me to introduce that function, but I prefer to keep the app read only to avoid any risk of damage both for the ecu and for the engine. The service regeneration is a risky process, it requires at least a minimum knowledge about the risk of fire. I prefer to let this function to a professional diagnostic software that should be used by service guys.
I know Carista added this function recently, but they're probably a professional team with many developers and experts; I'm a single developer and I decided to release VAG DPF just to help car owners to understand what happens during the regeneration (because VAG doesn't like we understand something about it...).
At the moment I prefer to avoid this function in my app, I hope you understand my decision.

kluviM

Post by kluviM » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm

OK, fine for me. I understand Your point of view. ;)
BTW the https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... carscanner can do that manual trigger too, is MUCH cheaper than Carista (and even free version can do that)

foreroadicto

Post by foreroadicto » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:59 am

kluviM wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm
OK, fine for me. I understand Your point of view. ;)
BTW the https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... carscanner can do that manual trigger too, is MUCH cheaper than Carista (and even free version can do that)
Hi.
You can tell me the steps because I can't force the regeneration with carscanner.
Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Good for you and useful for many others for sure!

Chudy15

Post by Chudy15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:58 pm

The possibility of active regeneration would be very useful. As my colleague kluviM mentioned. We finish the route and click burn at e.g. 70% and we have a clean dpf. By default, this option would be disabled or, for example, "experimental". Worth thinking about. :) :) :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:34 am

I know, but my personal rule is to avoid active commands that can introduce damages for the enigine. I can't know all the requirements planned by the engineers neither the error management in case of problems because there isn't an user guide to follow.

Probably other softwares that have this command inside are based on heavy reverse engineering or maybe their develpers were able to find the official VW documentation. Or simply they launch the command ignoring all the consequences trusting on the ECU management.

I prefer to stay on the safe side keeping the app as a read only diagnostic tester.