Can't connect?

Forum related to the free app and its specific functionalities only
krmk

Can't connect?

Post by krmk » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:14 pm

Hello
I am having issues connecting to a fairly decent OBD BT adapter named 'obdeleven'. I can connect usign another dedicated app named "OBDEleven". I can setup the adapter in settings, then it goes green, second icon remains blue for 5 minutes after which i stop waiting for connection. When starting the connection i noticed arrows are slowly trying to rotate.

I've tried cleaning application data and cache, reinstalling, unpairing adapter. What else can i try? Is this a supported adapter? I appreciate any help.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect?

Post by admin » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 am

The ODBeleven adapter works only with the OBDeleven app, it isn't an ELM327 compatible adapter, this is the reason why it doesn't work with my app, but it shouldn't work wit h any other OBD app. This is a choice of the producer:
https://obdeleven.com/en/faqs/obdeleven ... evice.html

n5jjr

Post by n5jjr » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:38 pm

I am new to this. I bought the paid version of VAG DPF and bought a OBDLinkMX+. I was able to get the OBDLink software installed on my Android phone and got it working. When I started VAG DPF I got it to connect to the MX+ but it didn't get info from from my car. It said something like the car wasn't supported or something like that. My car is a 2014 VW TDI Jetta Sportwagen. I hope someone can help me with this.
Mike

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:43 am

As the error message says, the engine could be not supported. You should check if your engine code is present in the supported engine list.
For example, the CAYC (1.6 TDI) is supported, but I'm not sure this is your engine code.

DesmondNam

-

Post by DesmondNam » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Im having the same problem. Ive tried in WMP and Itunes, and I cant connect to any stream in either. Its like its trying to connect and then it times out, not sure what the problem is.