Intervalle regeneration 1.6 tdi

Lesuper

Intervalle regeneration 1.6 tdi

Post by Lesuper » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:54 pm

hello
I have a golf sportsvan 1.6 tdi cr 115 hp from 2017 reprog 150 hp .
I would like to know the average fap regeneration interval.
I can not do more than 200 kilometers without having a regeneration yet I do a lot of country road so at around 90 klm / h or often on the highway at 130 klm / h
I show you some screenshots I also noticed that for example at 90 klm / h in 7th speed I produce more particles than if I am in 5 speed so above 2000 rpm I have a dsg 7
sorry for the google translation i'm french.
Attachments
20200805_215409.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-201742_VAG DPF.jpg
Screenshot_20200721-082340_VAG DPF.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: Intervalle regeneration 1.6 tdi

Post by admin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:29 am

The average distance between regenerations is different between every engine and car model, you should collect opinions from CXXB owners.

The value you report can be correct, this is not the first time I read similar values, moreover a tuned ECU can increase the injected fuel quantity creating more soot.
For example my car performs regenerations about every 250-300 km and I run all the working days in town.

The soot production is not only related to the car speed, it depends also on the gas temperature that is higher when the engine load is high. For example at 110 km/h the soot production is higher than at 140 km/h because at high speed the gas tempertaure is high enough to burn the soot accumulated in the filter (behavior called passive regeneration).

Lesuper

Post by Lesuper » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:54 pm

ok thank you for the answer
I find no opinion for the cxxb probably still too recent.
at 90 klm / h I am approximately at 50 -60 mg / km with in 7th gear and in 5 approximately at 25 see more the cxxb engine has two egr system a high pressure and a low pressure can be that his cheek above.
I find it a pity that the rolling range without regeneration is only 40% in the end because it comes back often.
and it is consistent that I was at 114% for 26.38 g?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:49 pm

Sometimes can happen to wait over the 100% of filling, for example in case of frequent engine stops or running with low fuel, but this souldn't be the normality.
I've seen for some engines that the set value for 100% filling was wrong and this is the reason why I added an option to manually override the field regen limit, but in those cases the regeneration started always over the 100%, I don't know if it's the same for you.

The regeneration stops usually when the soot is between 2 and 8 grams, depending on how you're driving. In city the regeneration stops before than in highway.

Lesuper

Post by Lesuper » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:17 pm

Me regeneration always starts at 60% so in the end at 200% is the value at which the filter is completely clogged?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:26 am

200% is the service regen limit, over that only a serivce regeneration started by a diagnostic instrument is possible. Usually this value is near 40 grams.
After that, there is the last limit beyond which there is no possibility to start any regeneration and the filter must be replaced due to risk of fire.

These limits can be read from the ECU but not all ECUs have them readable, in these cases I set the limits taking in consideration the medium value found for all similar engines. This estimation can be wrong because the number of engines type is very high and I don't have a full list of specs for them. In some rare cases, as I've already said before, these limits must be modified using the override command in the options menu, but to set a new value you must know what's the real limit (finding it on the web or using personal experience).
In your case the best way would be to find another user with the same engine type to compare the values.

Lesuper

Post by Lesuper » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:16 pm

ok thank you I had a good ride this weekend, I am reassured I did 400 klm before the regeneration. therefore from the country road and a 100 kilometers of highway
the passive regeneration is done from 360-370 degrees.
thank you for this application which allows to understand the functioning of the fap.
Ps: can you have information on the high pressure egr system on cxxb engines or from 2017?
Attachments
20200809_132828.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:47 am

With this update I think your engine doesn't have problems with the DPF system.

The high pressure EGR information is present, I decided to show the low pressure value because I think is a more useful value, but it's a personal choice. In the past I introduced double value fields feature, but it quickly removed it because many low cost adapters don't manage well these double requests. I have in the TODO list a task to introduce again the double value fields, but after enabling it in the options menu.
With these double fields, you could see low and hih pressure EGR values in the same field.

mladen

Post by mladen » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:23 am

Golf 7 1.6 81 kw CXXB engine, the average regeneration interval is 200 to 250 km
For example 60 km/h in 3. gear (manual gearbox) produce particles up to 200 mg/km
while 60 km/h in 4. gear produce particles up to 60 mg/km
Attachments
dpf1.jpg
60 km/h 3 th

Luigi.

Post by Luigi. » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:02 am

Hello, i see the window with Post Injektion 1 in your Screen shots.

I have an E189 CAYC engine. And since 1 year i can not see the Post Injektion 1. It shows me the Differencial Pressure.

Is it possible to aktivste the Post Injektion 1 Window,

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:39 am

I changed from post injection 1 to differential pressure because this second value is more related to the regeneration process than the first.

Post injection 1 in fact is used principally for emissions and noise reduction so its value doesn't give useful information about the regeneration.
Post injections 2 and 3 are used for temperature increasing during the regeneration, these are important to understand what the ECU is doing.

sverza

Post by sverza » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi Mr. Admin,

in the sentence "Post injection 1 in fact is used principally for emissions and noise reduction so its value doesn't give useful information about the regeneration" would you mind clarifying "is used principally for emissions and noise reduction"?
Thanks in advance

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:32 am

Based on my personal experience, I noted that the post injection 1 is commanded very often in the normal engine operation and during the regeneration, its value is slightly higher than normal or similar.

The regenerations 2 and 3 are almost never commanded during normal operation, but they're highly used during regeneration.

The post injections have been introduced to reduce engine noise and nocive emissions, so my opinion is that the job of injections 2 and 3 is principally related to the regeneration while the injection 1 is used principally for the main purpose of its introduction.

Of course, these are my personal considerations based on my engine behavior, I'm not an automotive engineer.