Ash load % not showing

Amarok

Ash load % not showing

Post by Amarok » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:01 am

Although the app could not recognise tgg her engine code by default, I found that engine group 10 and 16 works for my Amarok V6, it shows all parameters. The engine type is DDXC. The difference is that group 10 shows ‘Regen Status’ and group 16 shows ‘Regen Duration’. Both groups show Ash Load but do not show the % of the maximum ash load that is allowed. Sometimes the car icon is yellow but mostly it is green, which I think is related to the status of reading from the ECU.

This is just feedback so that you know that my engine type is working with the app if the engine group is cutomised, but maybe there is a problem reading the max ash limit. Other than that it works well. Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Ash load % not showing

Post by admin » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:48 pm

I confirm it works, at least partially.
I didn't add it officially just because I wasn't completely sure about some parameters and I don't have the opportunity to test it directly with my instruments.
In any case you can use the group 10 and verify by yourself if it provides reliable readings.

The oil ash percentage isn't visible because the ECU doesn't provide the maximum oil ash value as a readable parameter.
If you know that maximum value for your filter, you can easily calculate the percentage.

Thanks for the feedback! ;)

Amarok

Post by Amarok » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:15 am

Maybe more to to this. I tried group 7 and it does show the max ash limit (well, it displays my current 0.01L as being 1%). This could be credible as the DPF was replaced just 4000miles ago approximately. However group 7 does not show completely the other parameters

Amarok

Post by Amarok » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:17 am

When a value is reported by the app can it be considered to be correct, even when manually setting the group for an unlisted engine?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:15 pm

Good to know, with your feedback I can try to improve the setup.

Unfortunately there isn't any confirmation about the reliability of the read values. Many information can be confirmed comparing the values with other famous software like VCDS, but I've found some calculation errors also in VCDS. The only certain information can be found in the official diagnostic software in the most updated release, like ODIS.
Fortunately we can evaluate the correctness of the read values comparing them with other similar engines. More or less, all the DPF systems work in the same way.