Dpf app after remap

Jamesey

Dpf app after remap

Post by Jamesey » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Hi looking at my dpf app after a remap should my egr still be working, just bought the car and I can tell its had a remap as its very quick and the soot levels are zero , can someone help me read this app with the pic ...when I floor the car it throws some black smoke out and was wondering it it was because the egr was still trying
Attachments
Screenshot_20220715-160208_VAG DPF.jpg
Screenshot_20220715-160343_VAG DPF.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: Dpf app after remap

Post by admin » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:21 pm

EGR is working, otherwise you would see a fixed value (usually 100 meaning EGR closed electronically).
To check if it's working fine you can fully depress the accelerator pedal and see if the EGR value remains constantly at 100% value.

A possibility is that the EGR has been closed mechanically, but since many years the ECUs can understand this kind of intervention raising a MIL in the dash. In this case an electronic intervention in the engine map is mandatory.
I'm not an expert, maybe the new electronic EGR closing can maintain the real value of the sensor in the diagnostic, as is visible in your pictures.
Someone with more knowledge could help us to understand.
In my experience (of many year ago), the electronic closing fixes the value at 100% closing in the diagnostic.