Help on OUTPUT GAS TEMP SENSOR

llubi

Help on OUTPUT GAS TEMP SENSOR

Post by llubi » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:35 pm

Hi,

Just bought the software and I’m in love with it! I now can understand why my van is doing some things…

I also found that my Output Gas Temp Sensor is reporting 6510 Celsius degrees… van is a MAN TGE 2019 with DAVA engine. I then read my work van, a 2015 Caddy and it has the sensor, also stopped an Amazon guy using a Crafter 2020 (also DAVA) and also is sensor was read without problems, so I thought that my van has the sensor but it has some error.

Is it possible to know what sensor is it in the VW code? (G235, G448, G495,…) or something to locate it and change it? I checked on internet and disconnected the wiring I suppose it was, but I was wrong, I disconnected the input gas temp, not the output…

ThNks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Help on OUTPUT GAS TEMP SENSOR

Post by admin » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:56 am

I don't know exactly the matching between the sensor number and the sensor description. This information is usually available in the SSP document, but I don't have it for your engine.

I can give you some information about the CXHA engine, that shares the same engine group in the app so could be similar.
Attached you can see the exhaust line of the CXHA in which the sensor positions are:
  • 19 exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 - G235 -
  • 17 exhaust gas temperature sensor 2 - G448 -
  • 14 exhaust gas temperature sensor 3 - G495 -
  • 13 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 - G450 -
Note: the DPF is just after the position 13.

According to this information, the output gas temperature sensor of the app corresponds to the sensor 4 - G450 -.
But I repeat, this is for the CXHA engine, so take it as a suggestion.
Attachments
N26-11198.png

llubi

Re: Help on OUTPUT GAS TEMP SENSOR

Post by llubi » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:50 am

Thank you so much!

It’s a better start than mine 🤪🤪