New here. Please help

tslily

New here. Please help

Post by tslily » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 pm

Hi. Thanks for the helpful app.
I have a question. when regen, some time the temperature reached high temp then droped down, then up again, most of the time it just wouldn't stay in high temp. So it would take over one hour driving to wait the soot mass calc to reduce below 6g, then stop the regen. You just don't know when the temp would go up and stay. It's quite annoying. And the garage couldn't find any error code about it. Any idea why it happen like this? Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: New here. Please help

Post by admin » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:12 pm

I don't have direct experience like yours.
The input gas temperature normally stays between 600 and 700 degrees thanks to the post injections 2 and 3. The additional fuel injected increases the gas temperature. If your temperature fluctuate, you can check the post injections to understand if the values remain almost constant or not.

In my 2.0 TDI 190CV, the post injection 2 value stays near 8 mg/str and the post injection 2 stays near 2-3 mg/str.
Consider that the engine can command post injections only if you accelerate, the post injections are stopped while you release the accelerator pedal and the car proceeds by inertia.