Newbe here with some questions.

Darius1982

Newbe here with some questions.

Post by Darius1982 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi All,

I am a new here and just started with this app.
Can you have a look to attached screenshot from the first connection and let me know if how it looks and what readings are the most important for me to look in the app. My car is Skoda Octavia 1.6 from 2013.

Do you have any advice for me as a newbe?

Thank you for all the help in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210928-103323_VAG DPF.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbe here with some questions.

Post by admin » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:35 am

The parameters are ok, but with a static picture it's impossibile to understand if your PDF works correctly.

Using the app regularly you can check if the regeneration process follows the common behavior, for example you can check if the input gas temperature reaches at least 550-600° during the regeneration (in your picture the regeneration is running and the temp is ok), or if the distance between regenerations remains in the correct range that can be at least more than 200km (this value depends on the driving style, if you travel principally in towns, the value decreases, on the contrary travelling in highways the value increases).

Just to give you some references:
  • regen duration should stay between 20 and 30 minutes more or less
  • distance since last regen should be higher than 150-200 km
  • time since last regen heavily depends on the medium speed
  • oil ash grows almost linearly with the mileage, you can consider that the 100% corresponds to about 300.000 km
  • low press egr helps you to understand what the engine is doing, usually it changes following the accelerator pedal, but during the regeneration is stays always at 100%
  • input and output gas are the values that tell you if the regeneration is working correctly, above the 350°C the soot starts to burn and during the regeneration the can stay between 550 and 700 degrees; input gas value increases earlier than output gas
  • soot mass measured is a strange value because it can have also negative values that are impossible; you can ignore it if the engine doesn't have problem, but in case of dpf system failures this value can be useful to understand the soot mass accumulation
  • post injection 2 and 3 usually stay at 0 or sometimes they have values higher than 0, when you see them constantly higher than 0 a regeneration is running or going to start (the fuel post-injected increases the dpf input gas temperature and the internal filter temperature)
  • differential pressure value can help you to understand if the sensor is ok or not, you should understand the common values for you engine for different conditions (idle, maximum acceleration, constant speed, etc) and compare that values in the future in case you think the sensor is not working correctly

Darius1982

Post by Darius1982 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:27 am

Thank you for all the information.
This is a good read.

I will get mora data in.
Car will be used in mixed trips locals and in longer distances.

Darius1982

Post by Darius1982 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:11 am

Hi,

I have another question.

How often regeneration should start ?

I have noticed my fan is still working after short trips and this is happening quite often.

I have read that this is something to do with DPF regeneration.
Any guidance what to do if this happen?

Unfortunately in Skoda there is no information on dashboard when this starts.

Is it worth to check the car to some garage and get this diagnosed?

Daz

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:17 pm

It depends on the driving style, but in the worst case (driving always in city) you should have at least 200 km more or less between regenerations.
A medium value can be 250-300 km.

Darius1982

Post by Darius1982 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi,

So I have the DPF cleaned and 1 sensor changed.
Still issue with regeneration jumping really often.

I would say every 20km +-

I have noticed that soat mass is raising quick. You can see that difference between both screenshot attached.

Car is not loosing any power at all.
I have also checked for any Code errors and nothing is coming up.

Hmmm sounds like there is still some problem with it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211012-083125_VAG DPF.jpg
Screenshot_20211012-201716_VAG DPF.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:04 am

How much km after the cleaning?

Sometimes I've seen similar behavior solved after 500-1000km. It seems that the ECU requires some distance to "learn" the new information.
Maybe it's a choice made for safety reasons, could be a logic choice.

Darius1982

Post by Darius1982 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Hi,

I would say around 150miles.
But I am going to be on a long run from this weekend so will monitor how it will go in next week.

It is quite strange as it jumps so quick and straight to a regeneration process.

But I have heard similar opinion from one of the local garages.
Will see and update it here.