What does this all mean?

uk786

What does this all mean?

Post by uk786 » Sat May 01, 2021 6:31 pm

Hello

As per the subject title I'm totally lost as to what all the data really means. My car is a 1.6tdi mk6 Golf. I have been having issues with the car often going into limp mode at what seems random times. The workshop fault and glow plug looking icon appears on my dash.

I was thinking it maybe is a dpf or egr issue? The mileage is 99k.

Thanks and appreciate the work!
Attachments
IMG_20210501_173042.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: What does this all mean?

Post by admin » Mon May 03, 2021 10:36 am

There something strange in this picture, the soot mass calculated value clearly is impossible and also time/distance since las regen value are very high.
Moreover if you report strange engine behaviors, I think there is something faulty in the system, but it's pretty impossibile to understand where is the problem seeing a picture.
First of all you should verify if the data given by the app are correct; your engine ecu version could be not compatible with the app giving wrong values, it's a rare case but it's already happened with other engines. The best would be using an official diagnostic software, of course. If this check confirms the strange data, a complete system diagnosis is recommended.

Have you already checked for errors in the ECUs? Usually this kind of problem generates many errors in the ECU log.

uk786

Post by uk786 » Sat May 08, 2021 11:24 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I see what you mean. I will try using the app again this time with a different OBD2 device. Shall report back.

There are no errors or engine lights on the dash. When the car does go into limp mode it says workshop fault or something like that with a glow plug like icon lighting up. A restart of the engine and it's back to normal.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 09, 2021 10:30 am

Just another question: have been your ECU chip tuned? I ask this because an engine working in recovery state without any warning light on (and no errors in the log) is a common case that happens when the tuner removes all the diagnostic functions in the ECU to prevent any problems, for himself of course.
This is a common way to complete a poor job and pretend it's perfect.

uk786

Post by uk786 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:05 pm

I have no idea. I have only had the car for about 7 months. :?

DesmondNam

-

Post by DesmondNam » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:39 am

Some users have a horizontal line in their username and the word "Banned" written under their username. What does this mean?
Was the account deleted by the user themselves or deleted by AS? or is it something else?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Banned means an action performed by moderators or admin.

Pay attention, this question is off topic here.