Info app in regeneration

ste92

Info app in regeneration

Post by ste92 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:49 pm

Hi, i have an audi a3 2.0 and i have installed vag dpf.
When the time has come to regenerate i had app connected with carista.
The regeneration was almost over and accidentally touched the image dpf and not refresh.
I think it has suspended my regeneration because i have 25% now in the bar.

I ask if it has been suspended or something else, thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Info app in regeneration

Post by admin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:13 pm

Don't worry, the app is read only, it can't actively interact with the ECU.

The regeneration finishes almost always around 25% of filling, this because to continue down to 0%, it would require many more time and fuel to keep the filter temperature high enough.
When the filter is full, the high temperature is maintained thanks to the soot burning that produces heat, but when it's almost empty, only the output gas temperature, with many post injections, can keep burning the remaining soot.
To avoid longer regenerations and fuel consumption increasing, the ECU stops the process before.

ste92

Post by ste92 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Ok thank you, when it is regenerating it is better to stay above 2000 rpm to have a better job right?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:39 am

This is what I've read in many forums, but I have the automatic gearbox and I can't decide to stay constantly at a specific RPM, the gearbox decides.

I noted that the shift regime is slightly increased, but the engine doesn't stay over 2000 RPM for seconds/minutes when I'm driving at constant speed, so I wonder if the rule to stay above 2000 is a urban myth :D