DPF Light on after Active Regeneration

Zekar

DPF Light on after Active Regeneration

Post by Zekar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:57 pm

I bought VAG DPF PRO a week ago. My DPF was on 94% yesterday.
I was driving back to home today and it went to 100% (24 grams). The regeneration process started.
I kept diving. I was driving in city (traffic) on snowy weather so i couldn't drive faster than 60km/h.
The regeneration process took 50mins.
The weird thing is when process was about to end (just finished the trip and was on my backyard with engine on) (6 grams left / 24%) the DPF indicator lamp signed for ~1 min and then went off and process also ended (on app). (900rpm, 0,6l)
Is it normal?

admin
Site Admin

Re: DPF Light on after Active Regeneration

Post by admin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:14 am

Never happened to me, maybe is due to the long regeneration time?
If the lamp is off, for the ECU the problem is solved.

You should check the ECU error log with a diagnostic software, if there is an error it should have more details to better understand the problem.

Happax

Post by Happax » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:27 pm

I have a similar problem, DPF accumulates soot, starts regen, calculated soot levels start to drop but the process takes too long and before it can finish the DPF light comes on (not MIL).

My EGT sensors are not showing enough heat in the DPF despite post injection for the calculated soot levels to drop but I currently don't know why...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:03 am

What's the maximum reached input gas temperature value?

Happax

Post by Happax » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:11 pm

Input temp gets up to about 550 Degrees C during regen. Output temp is largely the same but can get close to 600 Degrees C during optimum conditions

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:31 pm

550°C should be enough for a standard regeneration.
Some engines can reach higher temperatures between 650 and 700 but it depends on the engine type, the values are not the same for all engines.

If the soot decreases slowly, you have to understand if it's really slow or if some sensor can't read the values correctly giving you wrong results. In this last case, I think the ecu gives you a warning lamp because the values and the timing are not in the normal range. What about the ECU error log?