CJAA engine

bossbrew

CJAA engine

Post by bossbrew » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi,
New car to me 2013 Golf TDI US model. It appears to be a CJAA model which is not on your list of engines. I believe the engine is almost the same as a CBEA. Have you heard if your app will work on this model?

Thanks for your help,
Dave

admin
Site Admin

Re: CJAA engine

Post by admin » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:54 am

I've found some email of 2016-2017 and it seems this engine isn't supported. It should use the old VW diagnostic protocol, in fact using VCDS you'll see the old measuring block form with the group fields instead of the new measuring block method with advanced measuring and UDS requests.

Bye

JRM

Post by JRM » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:23 pm

Hello,

Is there any intention of adding support for the CJAA platform? Is there a specific reason why it isn't, it seems to be a fairly common engine (at least in the US)

You have a great looking app.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:07 am

The main reason is that the app works only with the last diagnostic protocol introduced around the 2010-2011 years, at least in Europe.
Analyzing the old protocol, with the purpose of adding it to the connection routine inside the app, I've found many blocking issues that made me decide to stop that development. I thought that is was similar to the last one, but in reality it's completely different. This means that I should re-design the app from scratch! This is impossibile for me because I should have an old car available for many many months for testing.
I developed the app using the last protocol simply because I own a car with that protocol so I can make every kind of test very quickly.
Studying and implementing a new protocol borrowing for example a friend's car isn't convenient ... I tried for some months, but every check and correction activity, that usually took few minutes in my house with my car, required days waiting for the availability of my friend's car.
Unfortunately there isn't an user manual or an official guide for these diagnostic protocols, so every progress in the app code requires a reverse engineering job with many hours spent for test and debug. This is the situation for my personal experience, but consider that I'm not a professional programmer/developer. This is the best I can do balancing the time between app development, my main job and my family.

Bye