Can I use VAG DPF with Engine CRTC 3.0 Tdi ?

TomasHav

Can I use VAG DPF with Engine CRTC 3.0 Tdi ?

Post by TomasHav » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:34 am

Hello,
I would like know, if somebody use this application for monitoring DPF with engine CRTC and ECU: 3.0TDI EDC17 H46 0009 , 4M0 907 401?
I have vcds with cable Hex-V2 and without problem now but When I use "in car and push start button without start engine" bluetooth adapter ELM 327 Interface "Support all OBDII protocolos" then I see in Vag DPF application Yeallow/lightgreen ;) mark like bluetooth connection and all value like nd eg. attachment.

Do you know what's problem please?
eg:
A) The engine marked CRTC is not support ?
B) Can will be bad communication between car and application?
C) Can will be wrong bluetooth adapter version FW 1.5?

Hint:
The Yeallow/lightgreen ;) mark like bluetooth connection before about 3 seconds flashing from gray to white color although the adapter is not in car and the liht like yeallow mark B;-D .
My version VAG PDF: 3.29.12
My cellphone: M2003J15SG, Android : 12 SP1A.210812.016, MoLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V98.1.P24 and version of core: 4.14.186*

Thanks for support
Tomas
Attachments
1707906384805.jpg
Screenshot from VAG DPF

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I use VAG DPF with Engine CRTC 3.0 Tdi ?

Post by admin » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:40 am

Hi, I don't have direct experience with this engine, but I've received one positive feedback in the past. The user sent me a screenshot in which I can see the ECU SW version 4M0907401 0006 and HW version 059907309B. You sw version is probably a newer update.
I'm not completely sure about the correctness of those data because it was only a static screenshot, but at least the communication has been established correctly.

If you can't start the communication with the ECU, I suspect that your adapter doesn't support the canbus communication.
What kind of adapter are you using? Is it a low cost Chinese adapter? Those adapters usually work only with OBD based app that use a simplified canbus communication with 2 bytes packets only.
My app needs ad adapter capable to communicate with full length packets of 7 bytes, as official diagnostic testers.
I can't be absolutely sure this is the issue in your case because I don't have an historical statistic about your engine, but the single positive feedback received makes me quite sure it can work.
My advise is to try with a good adapter like Carista one.

TomasHav

Post by TomasHav » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:33 pm

Hi,
thanks for answer I have last version ECU : diesel gate : SW: 4M0 907 401, HW: 059 907 309 B, Engine (J623-CRTC), 3.0TDI EDC17 H46 0009.
Can you tell me, if you support group for this engine or only read from ECU in future?

The screenShot in first question is very interesting becouse the connection via bluetooth succes although bluetooth adapter is not in diagnostic plug of car :-D

I will be try Carista adapter.

Thx
Tomas

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:13 pm

I can't tell you that it will certainty work, because to do it it'd test that engine directly with my instruments, and I don't know if I'll have this opportunity.

The only advise I can give you is to try with a good adapter, to discard the possibility that it could be the reason of the failed connection.

The connection process starts from the bluetooth communication with the adapter, after that the app tries to communicate with the car.
If the adapter is powered on but not connected with the PDB2 plug, the bluetooth communication occurs but then it fails to communicate with the car.