2.0 TDI CFHC wrong filter filling bar percentage

kinguru

2.0 TDI CFHC wrong filter filling bar percentage

Post by kinguru » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:14 am

Good day,

Filter filling bar was at 40%, distance since last regeneration was ~65km.
In few kilometers filter filling bar show 98% and regeneration was started.

Problem I'm trying to diagnose with VAG DPF - too frequent DPF regeneration each 70km.
Would appreciate any help with it.

The car: Golf VI, 2.0 TDI CFHC
Adapter: vgate icar pro

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 TDI CFHC wrong filter filling bar percentage

Post by admin » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:55 pm

You can find similar experiences in this forum. In many cases, the defect has been found in the differential pressure sensor.
Of course it's impossible to make a reliable diagnosis remotely, but your DPF system doesn't work well so I suggest to ask help to an expert who can use specific diagnostic instruments.
If the issue will be confirmed in the differential pressure sensor, you can solve with few euro.

kinguru

Post by kinguru » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:36 am

Thanks for reply.

I've just replaced diff pressure sensor but have no statistics on old sensor before replacement.
There is in the VAG DPF app a setting to set filter percentage value manually; could it be that the application wrongly detects 100% level?
Not clear what units of the setting and how it should be set.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:20 pm

Yes that option is to set the limit in case the app doesn't recognize it correctly.
You can change it if you see that your engine starts the regeneration always far from the 100% value. It depends mainly on the filter dimensions, some engines have it bigger then the standard one. The number of engines and variants in the VAG galaxy is very huge and I don't have the complete database, so I added the option to give the possibility to customize the value to each user.
In my experience, the common values are 24, 28 or 30. You can easily understand which is your value after some regeneration processes checking at what value it starts.