Can I ask for an update?

mdsmail

Can I ask for an update?

Post by mdsmail » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:43 pm

If I ask for an update: can you insert a field where you predict the kilometers at the next regeneration?
Congratulations for the app :)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I ask for an update?

Post by admin » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:30 pm

It would be a good feature! I already tried to implement it, but after many tests I decided to discard it due to poor reliability in the predictions.
Unfortunately the regeneration process doesn't follow a linear soot reduction, moreover there are many external factors that can change the regeneration duration, sometimes also heavily.
In all of my tests, the predictions gave wrong results, therefore it was useless. Unfortunately.

mdsmail

Post by mdsmail » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:59 pm

the increase in particulate over the last 30 kilometers could be used as a parameter to estimate the number of km needed to fill the filter

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:46 am

Sorry I realized now that you asked for an estimation for the next regeneration while I've explained a feature to predict the regeneration duration.

The feature you ask would require a constant connection between the app and the engine to read and collect all the information.
If you connect the app occasionally, you lost the historical data and in this case the prediction would be useless.
What I can do is to use the realtime soot mass increasing rate to estimate the reaching of the limit, but also for this, the rate isn't linear because it depends on many external factors that can't be predicted before.