Audi A5 2700CC - CGK

sam.janssens

Audi A5 2700CC - CGK

Post by sam.janssens » Wed May 03, 2023 3:18 pm

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the creator for this wonderfull app v3.28.12.

I got a Audi A 2700C 163pk (Germany 190pk) from 2009 with 61.000 km.
5 months ago the EGR valve has been swapped by the official Audi dealer because it had some issues.
Engine model according to the car papers is CGK. When I read the car out with vgate icar pro and the app it says CGKB.
The data is read out by the ECU but I still miss 5 data points.
I tried manualy all 18 different engine types to see if one of them could read out more data but no luck.

Yesterday a regeneration started at 415 km (distance since last regen) and the indicator was at 96%.
I saw the DPF gas temp in/out go until 600°C. When it was done it started back at 27%. Why not 0%?
Scoot mass measured was back at 0 g. There is a big difference between scoot mass measured at calculated.
Regen duration stays at 0 min. I included screenshots at 84% and 30%.

2 months I go I received a notice from the "government car inspection" that my DPF value is 2.5 mil parts while the max allowed is 1 mil parts.
My driving distance to my work is 25km. I hardly do longer distance and that is not good.
Yesterday when I drove back to home I notice regen started so I didn't stop. Thanks to this great app!

My cousin has a laptop with Delphi on it and when regen was 183 km ago it had 1,2 g scoot which is very low.

So my questions are:
1) How can I have all indicators active?
2) Why is there no 0% value after regen is done?
3) How bad are my values because I didn't make it through the inspection?
4) When is it the best time to go to the inspection? Just after a regen or doesn't it matter?
5) The right top values. Purple 76 mg/km, it goes up and down. I thought it needs to count up?
The red distance is always between 200 and 900m I thought this was the driving distance?

BTW: I also read the manual "VAG DPF - User Manual: User Interface"
1.jpeg
84%
2.jpg
21 km after regen started back at 27%

admin
Site Admin

Re: Audi A5 2700CC - CGK

Post by admin » Fri May 05, 2023 3:37 pm

Great explanation, thanks.

I try to answer here below each line

1) How can I have all indicators active?
The engines supported are a merge between engines tested directly by me and engines tested by the users trying all the available group. VAG has a crazy huge list of different engines and it's impossible to test all of them. Unfortunately I don't have any feedback about your engine, but anyway you've already tried all groups and already found the best one. It probably has canbus requests different from each other engine. The only way should be to test the engine with my instruments, but I don't have this opportunity.

2) Why is there no 0% value after regen is done?
You can find the answer in this FAQ page, the last question:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=319

3) How bad are my values because I didn't make it through the inspection?
Usually you can check the oil ash value to understand the remaining life of the filter, but you don't have this value. Anyway, it seems that the value increases linearly with the mileage with very small or null variations related to the number of regenerations or its interruptions.
Another way to understand how the filter healt is good is to compare the distance since regenerations with other similar engines used in similar driving conditions. Just for reference, my regenerations occur every 250km in winter and 350kn in summer, driving in 30% in city and 70% outside. But my engine technology is completely different from your CGKA.

4) When is it the best time to go to the inspection? Just after a regen or doesn't it matter?
In my opition, it doesn't matter, but can you give me more details about your phrase "2 months I go I received a notice from the "government car inspection" that my DPF value is 2.5 mil parts while the max allowed is 1 mil parts." ?

5) The right top values. Purple 76 mg/km, it goes up and down. I thought it needs to count up?
It's just a counter for comparison. For example your can compare the soot production at 100Km/h vs 130Km/h, but obviously that value is useless if you're driving in city with continuous speed variations.

The red distance is always between 200 and 900m I thought this was the driving distance?
Do you mean the mileage in orange on top right of the screen? That's the car mileage, if you always see values between 200 and 900, the value is wrong.

sam.janssens

Post by sam.janssens » Sat May 06, 2023 2:40 am

1) engine group 7 gave more data. Less "nd". See included picture.
Screenshot_20230505-075623.png
Engine group 7
2) ok, I understand. But why is calculated soot vs measured soot so different?

3) oil ash seems to be at 0.07l. I do 80% city, 20% motorway

4) according to EU regulations. Euro 5(a) diesel engines can have max 1 mil small parts pollution.
Belgium (Dutch) started checking this from June 2022
Belgium (French) from March 2023
The Netherlands from January 2023
I read articles from people that spent 5k € just to past the DPF test.
With the yearly car inspection I mean TUV (Germany) or APK (Netherlands).
My car tested 2.5 mil parts >>>> 1 mil parts, so I have 1 year to solve this issue.
There is also alot of discussion how the test is being done. Should the test device filter being cleaned after each tested car? In Belgium they don't do that.

5) the orange thing in the new picture us 579 ms. Is this the read speed of data? I thought that was the blue 0 ms value?
Last edited by sam.janssens on Sat May 06, 2023 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 06, 2023 11:03 am

Did you attach a new picture? I can't see it

2) There isn't an answer, this is what we can see connecting a diagnostic tester. Probably the VAG engineers have the answer, but it seems to be secretly kept inside their office.

3) consider that oil ash growth is more or less linearly linked to the mileage and the maximum value will be reach near 250.000-300.000 km. The maximum value depends on the filter type. Usually is between 0,15 and 0,2 liters.

4) Ok clear, I wan't aware of this kind of checks in your country. I don't have knowledge of it, I'm sorry. I remember I saw some publication about the global particle emission of a diesel engine with DPF because some people accused the DPF systems of higher emission that older engines, but the research demonstrated that during the regeneration the particle emissions are higher, but considering the whole cycle, the overall emissions are lower that an engine without DPF.
So to answer your question, I think that the emissions depend on the phase in which the DPF cycle is. Probably they're high during the regeneration and low in the other moments. This is just my personal opinion.

5) Probably your refer to the new attached picture that's missing. Anyway you can find a description of the UI here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=238

sam.janssens

Post by sam.janssens » Sat May 06, 2023 3:25 pm

I added the picture in previous post and now its gone?
I post it again with picture. If this is double please delete.

1) engine group 7 gave more data. Less "nd". See included picture.
Screenshot_20230505-075623.png
Engine group 7
2) ok, I understand. But why is calculated soot vs measured soot so different?

3) oil ash seems to be at 0.07l. I do 80% city, 20% motorway

4) according to EU regulations. Euro 5(a) diesel engines can have max 1 mil small parts pollution.
Belgium (Dutch) started checking this from June 2022
Belgium (French) from March 2023
The Netherlands from January 2023
I read articles from people that spent 5k € just to past the DPF test.
With the yearly car inspection I mean TUV (Germany) or APK (Netherlands).
My car tested 2.5 mil parts >>>> 1 mil parts, so I have 1 year to solve this issue.
There is also alot of discussion how the test is being done. Should the test device filter being cleaned after each tested car? In Belgium they don't do that.

5) the orange thing in the new picture us 579 ms. Is this the read speed of data? I thought that was the blue 0 ms value?

sam.janssens

Post by sam.janssens » Sat May 06, 2023 3:32 pm

1) picture has been added in previous thread
2) ok
3) mine is 0,07 l at 62.000 km
4) all EU countries will have this inspection soon. EU regulations. So your app will be very populair :)
5) its data polling time. milage is not being read I notice.

I just want to figure out why my DPF are 2.5 mil so I didn't pass the Belgium (TUV/APK) test.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 07, 2023 4:35 pm

Thanks for the update.

I agree with you: it seems there isn't reason for that high value over the limit. Your DPF seems to work fine.
Probably you need to go deeper in the analysis and the app can't help you because the problem isn't related to the read value.
Usually an issue comes with some alteration in some parameter like differential pressure or distance since last regen, but this isn't you case. By the app point of view, your engine works fine.

sam.janssens

Post by sam.janssens » Sun May 07, 2023 5:26 pm

That is what I am thinking also. Then the test device must be wrong.
Maybe another car before me was bad and made the test device full with soot.
In March 2024 I need to go back for the test. In meanwhile I keep monitoring the DPF so I won't interrupt the regeneration process.

sam.janssens

Post by sam.janssens » Tue May 09, 2023 9:43 am

Yesterday when I was driving in city traffic max 70 km/h and lots of stopping for red lights regeneration started.
I drove not in automatic and tried to make +- 2500 RPM in manual.
When regeneration is finished the soot mass measured is 0 g.
Is it possible to make an offset 28% (end) - 95% (start) so it will be 0 - 100%.
There is an offset function in the settings but I don't know which value I shall write here.

See included pictures.
Screenshot_20230508-160007 (Large).png
16.00 - regeneration starts at 95%
Screenshot_20230508-160258 (Large).png
16.02 - regeneration at 83%
Screenshot_20230508-160821 (Large).png
16.08 - regeneration at 46%
Screenshot_20230508-161248 (Large).png
16.12 - regeneration at 28%
Screenshot_20230508-161324 (Large).png
16.13 - regeneration at 28% - done

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 10, 2023 11:18 pm

The app reads the values that the ECU makes available through the diagnosis port, I don't want to introduce changes or offsets, I prefer to keep the real values.
Then you can make your considerations analyzing those information. This is the target of the app.