Soot Mass Calc

Mariuch

Soot Mass Calc

Post by Mariuch » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:11 pm

Hello all, Dear Admin.
First of all, thank you for your work. I bought the APP, cofigured it ( which was a little bit tricky with my engine) and now I'm after first DPF regen.
My car : VW Passat B8 2.0tdi 190KM DFHA, 2017 ( 2018 model year ), 63k km.

After regneration, Soot mass calc dropped to only 25%, 5.93g and why is that? Why it dind't go further to 0?
Also regen duration time shows value 0.
Enclosed my screenshot, I took it fast while driving so unfortunalety there were maps app opened ;p :shock:
Is there any manual that describes all values that this is APP is showing? For example, difference between soot mass calc and oil ash residue.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230423_173006_VAG DPF.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: Soot Mass Calc

Post by admin » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:04 am

This is a common question, I added the answer to the FAQ topic here (the last q&a):

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=319&p=396#p396

Mariuch

Post by Mariuch » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:58 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:04 am
This is a common question, I added the answer to the FAQ topic here (the last q&a):

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=319&p=396#p396
thank you very much, I really missed that point !

another question was, Is there any manual that describes all values that this is APP is showing? For example, difference between soot mass calc and oil ash residue to understand what is what? I would really want to know in what condition my DPF is :)

About app, regeneration distance in kilometers just deleted itself and starts counting again, although other parameters, such as the time since the last dpf burnout, count correctly from last regeneration.

I use Vgate icar 2 that is recommended to work with this app.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:22 am

You missed it because I added that line just after you question :D

I'm working on a quick description of each value, I need just some day/week because I'm very busy, but you can find some information searching on the forum.

The values are read from the ECU, so what you see is what the ECU shares.
Normally all the parameters with a counter value are reset to 0 after the regeneration completion. When does the "distance since last regeneration" value exactly reset?