My first trip using app

Buzarpy

My first trip using app

Post by Buzarpy » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:27 am

Hi
Bought the app the other day and so glad I did, still getting used to being on a forum (Thought I'd sent a question re my T5.1 but can't see it)
We were duped into having the ea189 recall done when we first got this car an audi 1.6 softtop CAYC.
Since then we have had the dpf light come on several times including taking it to a garage for a forced generation.
Anyhow yesterday decided to use your app and monitored the engine whilst on a lovely trip to North Wales with the roof down (wife only happy if heater on full wack ).
Since the recall its not been as economical but through your forum I have learnt so much and now I think I understand the process, the only thing I'm not sure of through reading some posts is the oil Ash residue figure, mine over the day moved from 1.19 to 1.23 with a 2% figure, to me this seems good but some of the posts I've read, the figure is a minus and a much higher percentage figure am I just getting confused.
Isn't this the important figure for the regeneration procedure?
I've hope attached the figures from the trip and you can advise.
Screenshot_20230324-185326_VAG DPF.jpg

admin
Site Admin

Re: My first trip using app

Post by admin » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:43 pm

Based on all the collected information from users, the oil maximum ash value can be between 60 and 80 grams for a 1.6 or 2.0 TDI engine, and it will be reach around 250.000 kms. For your engine, the limit is 60 grams.

With a quick calculation, an increase of 0,02 grams corresponds to 83 kms. Is it the distance of your trip? It seems reasonable.