Sudden regeneration CRLB

user passat b8

Sudden regeneration CRLB

Post by user passat b8 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:29 pm

Hi everyone! I am using vag dpf app since november,a great app.I have a problem with my passat B8 CRLB 2.0 tdi regarding sudden increase of soot mass from 14-15g to 22 g which triggers regeneration.This happens at 80-120 km since last regen and is pretty annoying ,as others finds out .Has anybody discovered the real culprit? I was about to change the dpf sensors but reading that doesn”t really helps i have waited to make the step.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Sudden regeneration CRLB

Post by admin » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:40 pm

You can wait for other answers, but usually this kind of behavior is related to the differential pressure sensor. Anyway the best would be to check the entire system with a diagnostic software to find the real problem.
When the system detectns a failure, the regenerations are closer because the ECU prefers to avoid any risk of fire due to filter clogging.
The sudden jump is exactly that: the ECU detects something not in the common range and force the regeneration setting the soot mass to the field limit.

gregga

Post by gregga » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:12 pm

I think that regeneration is being triggered by measured soot mass which you do not see with this engine group selected - try to use vag com or try to change for different engine group in the app - like CFFB and then you will see measured soot mass values.

I have the same issue still and still do not know what is the reason (I suspect the combustion chamber)...

FatherOfSound

Post by FatherOfSound » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:24 pm

Have you find any solution? I have same problem, same car, same engine code. Has anyone of you tried to update ECU software version?

moog

Post by moog » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:51 pm

Same thing on my CRLB crap...
Until beginning of 2023 regeneration start after 150-200km urban drive...now 60-80-90km...
I change the dif pressure sensors, brand new original crap...nothing change...
I verified the soot Calc and measured also with Vcds (original one) ... Vagdpf read the values ok...
Big difference after a time calculated and measured SOOT... For example Calc ~7 and measured 16... Same value in VCDS...

Pnevmahyevma

Post by Pnevmahyevma » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:08 am

Same problem on dgda, can you suggest a solution to the problem?

moog

Post by moog » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:17 pm

Nop... still searching... :)
I think we need to use it and let things happen ...