CXMA

Ask for new features
Dimas

CXMA

Post by Dimas » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:58 pm

Hallo,after last update app starts with error, with 3.22 everething was ok. I didn't find CXMA in settings and just left "read from ecu" . Cood you please add CXMA engine skoda rapid or please tell me witch group i must choose. Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: CXMA

Post by admin » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:31 am

I don't have any feedback about CXMA, it's a 1.6 TDI but there are many groups with similar engines.
But it's easy, you can try every group and select the one with the best reading. If you have doubt you can ask here.

About the error opening the app: can you give me more information? I'm facing connection problems after the last update, but the bluetooth protocol isn't changed, so I'm wondering if there are changes in the new SDK for android 12, that I've implemented in the last update.
What's exactly the error you see?

Dimas

Post by Dimas » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Hello, no problem at the moment.
The error was "engine code unknown", I tried all groups with no result. Then i just reset app settings and give permissions for log(no asked at start, only when I tap log button), I just thought you will need it for analys. Then i reconnect the adapter and everything work just fine. I don't have any idea what happened, but for now everything is okay.
Thank you very much for your application.
P.S.
Phone: HTC One m9, Android 7.0 no root or smth.
Adapter: Carista
Attachments
Screenshot_20220314-130732.png

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:40 am

Ok this is normal. I added this message (it isn't an error) to inform the user that the connected engine isn't in the supported engine list, so a quick analysis is required to find the best engine group.
Without that message, in case of unsupported engine, the app would work using the engine group 0 but the user can't understand if the engine was identified correctly or not. Just like in your case.
Then if you find a group with readable parameters, you can permanently dismiss the message.