Push notification when regeneration in progress

Ask for new features
Monad

Push notification when regeneration in progress

Post by Monad » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 am

Hi I really like your app. I've bought full version and all of those parameters are really useful. But to be honest I am using some navigation apps etc. so having this app on screen all the time is impossible. I would really like push notifications when regeneration is started and ended. This way user would have apk on the backbround periodically updating data and also he could use another apps on screen meanwhile. Does it makes any sense? Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Push notification when regeneration in progress

Post by admin » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Yes it make sense. Unfortunately the app was developed without this goal (my mistake) and doesn't work like a service, this means that can't work in background or with the screen off. I should rewrite the app core, but I don't have much time to spend on it in this period.

What I did as workaround was the introduction of floating window function, also known as picture-in-picture mode. Enabling it you will have a little window in foreground with only 3 fields visible; all the sound notifications "should" work (it's an experimental function that works well in my android 10 device, but I don't have feedback enough to guarantee the full compatibility with all previous versions and all devices).