Oil level

Ask for new features
JacekPrus

Oil level

Post by JacekPrus » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to add to the app an OIL level? I think this is a parameter related to DPF and it's very important to know it. In vehicles equipped with DPF, the engine oil level often increases. In my car, this level changes by a few or several mm between DPF firing processes (my DDYA engine). In many forums for owners of vehicles equipped with DPF there is information about increasing the oil level in the engine. This parameter is available via CAN (I got it via VCDS cable).
Please let me know if it's possible.
Greetings
Jacek Prus

admin
Site Admin

Re: Oil level

Post by admin » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 am

Yes I confirm it would be possibile to add the oil level. Not all engines have it available, but most recent have it.
The problem now it that I don't have space enough to add new fields.
I have a list of useful fields to be added, but I can't proceed without a graphical redesign that actually isn't planned because I don't have time to spend in development :cry:

Eve

Post by Eve » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi.
Great idea with oil level. Instead of creating a new field, it can add info where the mileage or error counter is displayed. What do you think about this solution?
Eve

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:53 am

My actual plan is to separate data that need to be refreshed quickly and data that are almost always static.
For example, I don't need to check in every data update the value of the oil ash deposit because it changes very rarely.

Probably the best solution is to keep static data in a separate page that the user can open on request.

This is just my idea, but I don't have started to implement anything yet.

Thanks for your suggestion.