Cannot connect since latest version

Discussions about this forum, change requests, feedbacks and suggestions
Pikpilot

Cannot connect since latest version

Post by Pikpilot » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:19 pm

I love this App but since the latest update it no longer connects to my WiFi elm 327 adapter. Any thoughts why?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot connect since latest version

Post by admin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:04 pm

In this cases, usually a complete uninstall and reinstall, with adapter unpair and new pair, solves the problem.
If this can't help, please give me more information: adapter type, device model, error given by the app, etc.

Pikpilot

Post by Pikpilot » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Well I have reinstalled both versions without success in connecting to my WiFi Elm327. My android phone recognises the elm unit and gives signal strength etc but the application says it cannot connect. It was ok until the last update. The Elm unit is a generic WiFi version called SUPER OBD Mini. No other error is given. The car engine is CAYC and was read perfectly in group 6 before having this connection problem. Thanks for your continued support

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

Can you verify if the free app can connect? I recently updated the connection procedure, but only for bouetooth apdaters. Wifi connection should be the same, but if you confirm that the free app works, I can verify what are the difference between the 2 procedures.

if also the free app doesn't work, try to remove all pairing/association with adapter and reinstall the app. Maybe this helps.

Pikpilot

Post by Pikpilot » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:58 pm

There is no pairing as the connection is by a WiFi facility in the Elm unit. Connection is confirmed by my Android phone but software no longer connects to the ECU. It is the same with the free version. I have reinstalled both versions. I read somewhere that some software uses Can Bus commands but others use alternatives. Has yours changed?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 pm

You're right, I wrote pairing thinking about the bluetooth connection.
Wifi connection is managed by the phone, then the app uses it to route the requests to the ECU. Have you also tried to forget and set again the wifi network? Or using another android device?

The last version of the free app is dated 19 december 2019, if your problem appeared after that date, it's probably due to another phone or adapter issue.
I also verified that in last version of the paid app, I didn't changed anything in the WIFI connection procedure.